Anope IRC Services
Anope is a set of IRC Services designed for flexibility and ease of use.
Anope is available in two flavors: Stable and Development. The stable version has been tested for months and is as stable as a rock, while the development version gets new features added constantly and allows you to enjoy the future of services today.
Latest Development Release:
Anope 2.1.0 (24 October 2023)
News Article - Anope 2.1.0 Release
Latest Stable Release:
Anope 2.0.14 (6 August 2023)
News Article - Anope 2.0.14 Release
- Old releases available here.
File Download - Anope 2.1.0 Source
File Download - Anope 2.1.0 Windows Installer
File Download - Anope 2.0.14 Source
File Download - Anope 2.0.14 Windows Installer
Latest News - Anope 2.1.0 Release
Anope 2.1.0 has been released, which is the first release on our new development branch.
The notable changes include:
- Added nickserv:minpasslen for configuring the minimum password length.
- Added support for access list entry descriptions.
- Added support for linking over a UNIX socket.
- Added support for server-initiated logins and logouts on UnrealIRCd.
- Added support for server-initiated logouts on InspIRCd.
- Added support for the ANONYMOUS SASL mechanism.
- Allowed users to opt-out of being added to channel access lists.
- Cleaned up the codebase to use Modern C++17.
- Modernized the build system to use a modern version of CMake.
- Removed nickserv:strictpasswords as it is obsolete now nickserv:minpasslen exists.
- Removed support for using insecure encryption methods as the primary method.
- Removed the Windows-only anopesmtp tool.
- Removed the inspircd12 and inspircd20 modules (use inspircd instead).
- Removed the ns_getpass module (no supported encryption modules).
- Removed the os_oline module (no supported IRCds).
- Removed the two day X-line cap.
- Removed the unreal module (use unrealircd instead)
- Renamed nickserv:passlen to nickserv:maxpasslen.
- Renamed the charybdis module to solanum.
- Renamed the inspircd3 module to inspircd.
- Renamed the unreal4 module to unrealircd.
- Replaced uplink:ipv6 with uplink:protocol.
- Updated all references to IRCServices to refer to Anope instead.
Users who want to test out new features are encouraged to upgrade. Before upgrading you may wish to take a backup of your databases and read the upgrading guide. If you encounter any incompatibilities that aren’t mentioned on this page then please open an issue.